The SPC is actively involved in sponsoring and guiding projects associated with community groups and emerging non-profit organizations.
Fiscal Sponsorship of Community Groups and Non-Profit Agencies
The SPC-Peel acts as a fiscal sponsor (or lead agency) for agencies and groups who are unable to apply for grants on their own because they are not yet incorporated or do not meet the eligibility requirements of funders.
Current Fiscally-Sponsored Groups:
- The Coalition of Agencies Serving Immigrant Seniors in Peel (CASSIS) Funded by Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Peel Newcomer Strategy Group (PNSG) Collective Impact & Measurement - Civic Participation Project Funded by Region of Peel
- Mississauga Fruit Tree (MFT) - Funded by United Way Region of Peel/ Region of Peel Neighborhood Development Grant
- Mississauga Mandarin Association (MMA) United Way Region of Peel/ Region of Peel Strengthening Organizational Effectiveness Fund (SOEF)
- Faces of Peel Collaborative Project Funded by Region of Peel
- Rotary Club of Mississauga Airport Funded by Ontario Trillium Foundation